[TechAssist] Re: RCA, G27304DT, CTC177AM2, Tuner problem

  • From: "becyn" <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:46:15 -0400

real tuner problems can be a challange with all those smd's!
It wasn't clear from your post whether 2-6, etc were the good or the bad
channels. However missing whole spans like that indicates a "band" issue.
The amp IC that Max allued to is a good bet. The other (cringe) possibility
is leaky SMD varactor diodes in the affected band area.

Cable channel 14 is actually between ch2 and 3, so if you are missing lo
band, the begining of the cable spectrum will be missing as as well.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh N.Y. 12550