[TechAssist] RCA F36718 ATC 113

  • From: "Mouton's Electronics" <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:05:01 -0600

I really doubt if anyone has any idea what is happening here but I have 4 new
tv's out of the box:

F36718
F32650
F32718
G32718

All with the same problem. Since it is a new chassis I had to use a working 27'
of the same chassis as a guide. At plugin the bad tv's without pressing the
power button will pulse on and off 3 times and stop (good tv only once) after
you can turn the tv on and is works fine in every area but one. The deguase
will not click leaving a magnatized screen. You would think would be a breeze,
however, the .8v from the micro is appearing but before the power supply
switches to run mode and the 14v to the relay comes up after the .8v
disappears. On a good set tp531 (the run/standby switch) is always on and is
switched by the micro. in the bad set it is off and only comes on after you
press the power button so when the 14v to the relay comes up it is only after
the .8 comes and goes never engaging the relay. Almost like it has a timing
problem.

I already changes the gemstar module (internal micro) with known good set,
changed the eeprom and just out of curiosity changed the pip module because in
earlier chasis they have caused strange problems. I scoped all of the supplies
to the micro, checked ok. Also noticed that the I2C data and clock in the
stanby position reacts differently from a good set, in run it looks fine.

We called tech line and they had no clue, said to change gemstar and
eeprom....we covered that already. They also said we are the first to call in a
problem with that chasis but with the so many tv's in here with the same
problem there has to be someone out there that has come accross this.

If anyone has a clue as to what is going on I would greatly appreciate it if
someone would clue me in.

Jason
Mouton's Electronics

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: