[TechAssist] Re: RCA F35731MB CTC169JS6 - Shuts off when signal source is connected.

  • From: "DAMON BRUNGER" <damoneb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 21:00:27 -0500

CR4118 Voltage is too low in RUN mode.....should be about 14V with a fresh
new one.
That may be affecting the operation of the Horiz FREQ, and I suspect the
lack of sync allowing it to run all day ,then crap out with a synced picture
indicates a possible HV increase when
synchronized.

Start with Cr4118 1st, that supplies 9V to video jungle which is associated
with H Sync.
Of course you did that already......so maybe the voltages on the SMPS supply
is off a little, which leads me to wonder if the 143V cap on the secondary
may be dried out....normally when they go bad, the voltage ACTS like it
floats....my digital voltmeter will read 139 then 147, then 157, then 139
then.......and it could cause shutdown I suppose.
And it could cause the Cr4118 voltage to float between 12 - 14 V also.....
I know the cap I'm talking about is 180uf/200WV or 200uf/180WV. It's located
right next to the Horiz heat sink close to the SMPS, real big tall cap. I
had to use a scope to see the bad waveform on that, and it caused my DC
digital voltmeter readings to constantly vary.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN