[TechAssist] Re: RCA F35676MB CTC197CD Part ID

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 23:46:54 -0400

I had it explained once, that the insulation on the flyback windings, or
any other windings for that matter, are not necessarily perfect. The
insulation could be a bit thinner in one spot, or perhaps a tiny air
bubble in the insulation leaving a path to the conductor, etc. Maybe
even metal fatigue in the conductor itself. No man- made item is ever
perfect, so why would a wire be foolproof?

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4