[TechAssist] Re: RCA F35676MB CTC197CD Part ID

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 17:57:36 -0400

We are in a metal building that has only one window. Some years ago a
burgular broke in through it so I had a welding shop make up a rectangular
grid of 3/8 iron rod with about 6 inch square openings to bolt in just
inside the window. Working in a back room I could hear a nasty storm come up
and I came to the front room where the window was to see what was going on.
Just as I got to the doorway, lightning struck somewhere just outside the
window. Large blue-white sparks flew across the 6 inch openings all over
that gridwork. Scared the bejeezers out of me. The electric and magnetic
fields from lightning can do quite a bit of damage without the lightning
striking things directly. As far as direct strikes go, the local tv channel
4 was off the air for several days when lightning evaporated the four 6 inch
diameter copper buss bars grounding their transmitter tower.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609