[TechAssist] Re: RCA F35100ST CTC169BG Regul. B+ in standby is 275 volts

  • From: HSWAD@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:32:35 EDT

To make sure that you are reading the regulated B+ correctly, unsolder the
collector of the horizontal output transistor, use the emitter pin as a ground
for your voltmeter, connect a 60 watt light bulb across emitter and collector
connections, turn it on and read the voltage. You may be surprised to find it
is nearer the correct value. Hollis Bates, Lewiston, Maine,Field
Engineer-retired, HSWAD@xxxxxxx                                            In a
message
dated 9/11/03 4:14:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Subj:[TechAssist] RCA F35100ST CTC169BG Regul. B+ in standby is 275 volts
> Date:9/11/03 4:14:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx";>videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Hi Guys, this CTC169 BG is giving me fits, the Standby Regulated B+ goes
> up to 275 volts, of
> course the original problem was "dead set"  I`ve changed U4101 ,
> C4102,C4104, C4108,
> C4118, & CR4118. CR4101 & CR4106 are within 1/2 a volt of each other,
> Can`t think
> of anything else that will cause this, Raw B+ is 157 volts, U4101 pin 16
> is rock steady at 10.8 volts
> any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Larry E
> Larry Eastman
> American TV & Electronics
> Crystal River, Fl. 34428

> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!