[TechAssist] Re: RCA F32689YX3 (CTC197CR1) Clicks 3 times

  • From: "Phillip R. Hull" <phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:47:20 -0500

I just did a unit with a  bad flyback and it must have shorted windings
because it took out R14159 and Cr 14511 it also blew both IC's in the main
tuner and the IC in the pip tuner. (The 33V line was shorted to ground.)
It was a dog but looked great when repaired.
The first check I would do is see if CR14511 is shorted,  if not you
probably have a different problem
Phillip R Hull     STET
phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
FAX 517--569-3075