[TechAssist] Re: RCA F31671SE chassis CTC177CD STK730-010

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 11:13:52 -0600

It is a thermal coupling pad, not an insulator.  You can use heat sink
compound if the plate is flat.  I think they did this because of the way the
back of the IC is.

The part number is 222518, $1.85 to you.

I normally use these, though I have seen sets without them and they seem to
be ok.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr