[TechAssist] Re: RCA F27645 CTC203AX INFO

  • From: "Jonas Miglinas" <miglinasj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:54:34 -0500

  Gary,
 I've spent a lot of time on a ctc203 that had a problem similiar to
yours,very intermittent and freezing did not really help. Your going to need
a schematic and start lifting smd caps and clean the glue that has gone
conductive under them. I would look at u12101, from pins 27 to 52 ( I'm not
at the shop now and don't have the disc in front me) and start measurig
voltages and looking at waveforms. Sometimes just putting your probe on
these pins will correct your problem ,then just lift and clean the smd thats
attached.
  Jonas