[TechAssist] Re: RCA F27628 Dh. CTC203AA13- schematics update

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:18:38 -0500

Since my last reply, I have tried to open a schematic file from a CTC203
service CD. I was able to open it in Corel Draw 12, with only having to
substitute some fonts because the originals weren't already on my
system. The file size of the original Autocad file on the CD is 181 kb.
The Corel Draw file is 236 kb. I then converted it to JPG at 8" x 13" x
300 dpi color picture ( about 600 kb file size)so it can be printed out
on a large format inkjet, retaining the yellow and red lines from the
original RCA diagram.

If anyone wants to view the resultant diagram, go here for a limited time:

http://www.number63.ca/CTC203-CRT.jpg

The person receiving the file may find that the image is huge. That is
because the internet has converted the file from 300 dpi to 72 dpi,
therefore blowing up the number of inches in size. If that is the case,
the picture could be converted back to 300 dpi with a graphics program,
or I could have zipped the file to retain the settings.

My original reply to the message:

The schematics are in DWG format which is Autocad. You can simply use
your file manager to find the schematic files off the CD and email them
to another tech. The other tech can use a free (I think it is free)
program called DWG Viewer to read the files. Other than that, there
probably is a way to work around it, such as to do a number of "PRINT
SCREENS" and make PDF pages out of the saved print screens.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984