[TechAssist] Re: RCA F27442 (CTC203AD5) Created problems

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:42:54 -0400

Give us an exact location of where the bridge occurs (what components and
ref #s). These can be an SOB as they are not conventional failures and are
more like lightning or fluid damage. makes it easier to try to figure out
what possibily have been damaged that would cause your symptoms. This set
may not be worth the time. I just completed one that the lady watered the
plants above the TV.......(ah ya know the rest of the story)......

Anyhow it only was concentrated around the jungle IC which was an LA7612A,
RCA part # 252842 (the replacement for the former LA7612N which was RCA part
# 241266). Replacement of the IC and some minor cleanup of the board fixed
mine.

Do you have service literature because I think your gonna need it?

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms