[TechAssist] RCA F25441 CTC203AF9 power on click,click,dead,fix

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:57:03 -0400

Push power, hear the click,after a second another click, but no pix,no
sound. +140VDC on coll of HOT.
After I resoldered extensively the areas known for solder issues and no
help, I finally zeroed in on a bad H. driver transformer with an open
winding.
(Believe it or not, a drive transformer from a CTC175 series worked just
fine, but the H. driver transformer was the fix.)
Phil Bader
--
Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)