[TechAssist] Re: RCA DVD RC5240P Dead and no display.

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 20:31:21 -0500

LeRoy,
Not sure if this will help, from Tech Repair CD:
RCA,RC5220P,DVD,no power* and the laser assy was making a clicking sound at the
rate of
about 10 clicks per second,e 5v line to be shorted.  I isolated this to the ic
on the
display module (by disconnecting one cable and ribbon after another).,With the
display
module disconnected at the connector* all machine functions run normally-
-except the
display on the front of the machine of course, A display diode* U13451 appears
as stock #
242875 and the micro* U13452 is stock # 242876,This unit is not field
serviceable.exchange
only,,,,,,,,

RCA,RC5240P,DVD,Disengaging the dealer tray lock feature,,,Press and hold STOP*
ON/OFF and
OPEN/CLOSE on the front panel of the DVD player for at least three seconds.,If
the Disc
will still not eject* please contact us at 1-580-634-0340 for further
assistance,,,,,,,,
Jeff
--
Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair