[TechAssist] RCA Combo TV/VCR Child Lock M# T19064 Ch#UDP19/UR24

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:20:05 -0500

RCA Techs,

I have this RCA TV/VCR combo that acts like its in child lock. You press the
power button and power LED flashes four times and thats it. I had a note
written down from a different RCA combo to hold the power button down on the
remote for 10 seconds to get the child lock released. The problem is the
customer didn't bring in the remote, so I'm using a RCA universal remote, it
seems to be activating the set, as LED stays lit when power button on remote
is held down, but it doesn't bring it out of child lock, if that's what the
problem is. My question is, do I have to have the original remote to release
the child lock? Or is there another method to release the child lock on this
model besides holding down the power button on the remote? Or do I possibly
have other problems than the unit being in child lock?

                                         TIA
                                         Dan Webster
                                         Webster's TV
                                         Shullsburg, Wi.