[TechAssist] RCA Chassis CTC169BG2 No Power

  • From: Mike Barnett <passthecash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:35:50 -0800 (PST)

Hey Guys, Need some help w/ this one. Here's how it goes, Set came in with
no power and loses color Intermit complaint. looked around and did'nt find
anything out of the ordinary. I replaced the three caps in chopper
curcuit(c4102,c4104,c4108) was also missing vcc run voltage at pin 16 of
u4101, changed it too. re-assembled and set came up. unit was running good
all voltages seem to be good with the exeption of cr4102 was quite a bit
low. still had the intermit color. when changing channels it take about 1
second to have colorand accationally the pic would go to b+w. also then the
set would shut down losing 200v.. At pin 16 of u4101 still had runvcc v but
missing3v at cathode of cr4102. even when the set was running the voltage at
cr4102 is very low/about 1.5v. this is supposed to be 3vdc? The set shut
down and now will not power up at all. Have 170 @ collector of q4101 and 12v
at pin 16 of u4101. missng 200v from pin 10 of fly and checked r4703.
checked pin 16 on ICu1001 for 5.7vdc and is missing, checked Q2906 it was
good but i changed it anyway with ECG288. Still didn't fix. Have 180v at
collector of Q4402 and cr4401.
Changed horizonal retrace cap c4401 and changed c4402 and cr4403.
CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS??? I'm Going outa my mind.

TIA
Mike Barnett

Get It Fixed At
Rochester Electronics