[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC187, no cable tuning above ch 50

  • From: "Bill McFarland" <billmcfarland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:17:23 -0700

OK so for instance....

I have a bad EEPROM causing the set to be dead. (Probly the Hoz. Freq
setting right?)
So I solder in a socket.
Install a new EEPROM.
Start the Set.
Then Remove the NEW EEPROM and reinstall the old one.
Then Copy all of the data from the EEPROM?

The rest is self explanitory (To me at least)

Right?

By the way since we are on this subject. I have heard that Most of the
EEPROM's in the RCA/GE are not really bad. Just need to be re-initiallized.
Anyone heard anthing about this? And if so What's the skinny?

Bill McFarland
DMC Electronics