[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC185AB need good HOT sub for BUH517/223942

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:26:55 +0000

What low cost transistors do you have in stock?  the Buh517 is rated peak
inverse at 1700v, 700v forward, 10v base, 8A continous 15A surge. My
personal favorate for subbing is a 2sd1880, yes I know it has a damper and
the BUH517 does not but, and this has been discused to death, they will
generally work, at least for a while, have used them where in sets that used
the BUH517 before without callbacks, another other possibilty could be the
2SC5148, although I've never tried it, used in sony and some of the
CTC203's, just a few ideas.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] RCA CTC185AB need good HOT sub for BUH517/223942
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:07:34 -0400

I hate toasting these OEMs while troubleshooting.
I have a nice selection of generac HOTs.
What would make a nice sub for testing at least until the set is fixed
then I can install the oem HOT...
Unless anyone knows a good permanent one for less $$$?
(NTE cross shows it's a  NTE2637)
Phil Bader
--
Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access.
Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service
providers in your area).  https://broadband.msn.com

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org