[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC175A chassis, F20601SE, bad connection in tuner?

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 12:28:12 -0800 (PST)

Kevin,  you didn't mention if the tuner ground repair had been done. Assuming
it has I would go over those areas again and pay particular attention to the RF
input solder joints. make sure they aren't close and bridging. The space is
very narrow there and too much solder can cause this.       Paul
Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx> wrote:This set is driving me crazy. When I flex the
board, or push on certain
areas around the tuner and T-chip, the picture goes from perfect to very
grainy. The bad connection appears to "move" as pushing on the same
spot does not always fix or create the problem. I tried flexing the
board in the dark and looking for a flash of light to indicate where the
bad connection is. I also went over the board with a brush with no
success. Except for soldering the whole board including surface mount
components, what else can I do? TIA

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada