[TechAssist] RCA CTC169CA6 immediate shut down

  • From: "John at Main TV" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:35:41 -0700

RCA F27702SB manuf. 1995
Chassis CTC169CA6
At first this set had high B+ (+155v)  to the flyback so I changed all the
caps in the power supply.  Now the standby B+ is +133v but when I push the
power button the B+ jumps to +195, the HV comes on and immediately shuts
down.  The horizontal collector waveform looks good and Sencore says the
flyback is OK.  It has been awhile since I worked on a CTC169, what am I
forgetting.  TIA, John.
John Mielke
Main TV
636 main St.