[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC169Bj2 wont turn on

  • From: Larry Eastman <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:30:09 -0400

Scott, check pin 38 for resistance, should read more than 20 meg in
circuit, then check Q4306
smd transistor for leakage from base to emitter, if this transistor is
leaky pin 38 will not go
high, standby voltages are as follows; b= 0 volts    e=0 volts   c=13.2
volts. Check the area
around Y4301 and see if it`s wet or smells fishy when you unsolder the
crystal, if so C3810
a 33uf @ 16v is leaking and you will have to replace the cap and the
crystal, pn for Y4301 is
200210 it`s located at the end of U1001 and is usually a square blue box
type, let us know
your results, Larry E
Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428
 Do you have approx. 10 volts on the collector of Q4302 the horizontal
driver transistor? I have seen the driver transformers open. You can
also force on the set by shorting c-e on Q

ERNtv@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I do have all standby voltages up and correct and there is 5 volts on pin 19
>of the micro. But I do not get the 4.9 volts on pin 38 at turn on. Unless
>there is something I am missing it seems that the micro is bad which I found
>is
>NLA in part#210737 or the sub 226760.
>Scott
>Ernies TV, Inc
>Loveland, Co

>Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
>http://sell.tech-assist.org
>The Tech Address Book:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
>Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
>Lost Password:
>http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
>Email Archives: