[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC169Bj2 wont turn on

  • From: Larry Eastman <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:33:14 -0400

Scott; all standby voltages have to be working properly for the 5 volt
line to work, do you have
a solid 11-12 volts on pin 16 of U4101? 15 volt line at CR4118`s
cathode? Approx. 165 volts
on the collector of the chopper transistor? Approx. 140 volts (cold
ground) on the cathode of
CR4116?  Give us more info and we`ll be able to help you more, Larry E
Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428

ERNtv@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I am working on ctc169bj2 in the customers home and it wont turn on. My
>standby voltages seem to be correct but when I read pin 38 of the micro ic
>3101
>there is no voltage in standby and only a 1/10v when turned on. Does anyone
>know
>if that voltage is supposed to jump to 4.9v which would be the voltage to
>start the set up. I have brought the chassis to the shop and isolated the
>horiz
>out and am trying to read that voltage on pin 38. I have isolated pin 38 and
>still only get a slight rise when power button is pushed.
>Scott
>Ernies TV, Inc
>Loveland, Colo
>970-667-2424
>970-203-9825 fax

>Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
>http://sell.tech-assist.org
>The Tech Address Book:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
>Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
>Lost Password:
>http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
>Email Archives: