[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC167R Repost

  • From: "David" <mrfixit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:26:07 -0400

John,

Check for a small (shorted) ceramic capacitor across +150V. I had a TV the
other day that kept blowing fuses after I had replaced an open 2.7ohm/15W
resistor. Small high frequency filter cap across raw DC was the cause, hole
right thru it.

After the bridge rectifier you have a big 680-820uf/200V e-cap and a small
0.01uf/200V ceramic. Start lifting legs and measuring with the meter, you'll
find it. As Bob said, there is not much in the low-voltage PS that could
cause this. Hope this helps.

David Lessard
Alexandria Electronics
Ontario-Canada