[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC 187 Any Chassis

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:23:08 -0400

You all keep saying out in the field. You don't have a service van. I just
got mine and the first thing I threw on was bins and plenty of RCA parts,
along with Sony and others. I just printed out the most popular parts that
we have used in the last two years and stocked them on the truck. Took two
days and I'm done, now I just put the part I used on my parts sign-out sheet
hang on the truck wall and replace them. I already had them in the shop
because I always buy two or three of whatever new part comes out and fails.
That speeds turn around time and the job before it pays for the extra parts.
Especially those thermistors, because chances are on many RCA's you might
have that problem. Don't loose a two hundred dollar big 36" RCA repair over
a thermistor. Just get some shoeboxes if nothing else, label each one a
different brand TV, the popular brands that is. Throw some dividers in each
box, and stock, stock, stock. You would be surprised how many parts you can
carry that way. I have a card file system in numeric order that tells me
what bin each part is in. I have a shoebox version that I can take in my VW
if I have to and a big version for my box truck. Even if I go in my bug on a
service call, I have most common RCA failure parts on every call, and yes
including CR4118. I would never leave the shop without the box truck or the
shoeboxes. So my thermistors are always ten feet away. I am not going to
loose a CTC187 over a stupid thermistor.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com
Check out the Electronic Repair Screensaver We created. More Images to
come!
To download these Collections you must first install the Eyetide Viewer:
http://www.eyetide.com/download/?s=O3OfmSLHXygGHCv1W6Gz3Bgjtq3DNNMNdcKsY
SVGC
"We're Number One Where it Really Counts, With our Customers"
3850 Washington Road  Suite 5b
Martinez, Georgia 30907
Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Phone: 706-863-3474