[TechAssist] RCA BD20TF10 DVD/TV Combo (TVD809 chassis) no audio

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:07:49 -0400

I have an RCA BD20TF10 DVD/TV Combo (TVD809 chassis) with no audio. The
speakers are fine and all menu items have been checked but there is
absolutely no audio from either TV or DVD. Scoping it reveals audio present
at the pin 7 input of audio decoder processing IC (ref# IA002, UPC1851) but
nothing out at pins 25 or 26. VCC is present at this IC so I thought this
would be easy so I replaced the IC and still have the same exact results. I
also replaced the audio amp IC (ref# IA003, AN7520) which has proper VCC as
well. Of course, fuse FP60 and diode DP61 are okay. I have been a road show
lately and haven't had very much shop time so I will have to get into this
further when time permits but I thought it was worth it to at least throw it
out to see if anyone has already had a similar issue with one of these
darlings and can give me some feedback.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager