[TechAssist] RCA ATC 311 questions

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:17:49 -0500

Model  HD52140yx4
Chassis ATC311
I have two identical units with different problems.

Unit 1
Splitter failed, burning R14705.  Replaced parts.  Unit would not converge.
I replaced the convergence sensors and the sensors cable.  Now unit will not
converge in 1080i.  Other modes are good.

Unit 2, talked to customer but have not seen the set yet.
Customer has LAN in home, set is connected to the LAN.
Problem 1 Intermittantly the set will display "Fatal Error".  Unit locks up
except that the mouse curser works, but the unit must be unplugged to reset.
Problem 2 TV will intermittantly place the big pic in a PIP window, and
bounce back and forth between big and little picture.  One of the pictures
will be blank and the other will be the original source.  I told the
customer to remove the batteries from the remote and see if the problem
persists.

I have only see a half a dozen of these units, all have had only
splitter/resistor problems.

Any ideas welcomed.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics