[TechAssist] Re: RCA ASC Update:

  • From: Thomas Woodward <thomas.woodward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 12:14:04 -0400

armando guerra wrote:

>Thanks to all the reply's on becoming an rca asc.I downloaded the
>app.from the rca website and there are quite a few
>requirements,i.e.chipper-check which I don't have and just a few more as
>far as equipment is concerned.I talked to a rca rep.and he mentioned
>that the new chipper-check is now going to cost about $500.00.Also,the
>service lit. is about $300.00.yearly.The thing that has me worried is
>that he say's that I have to buy all the parts myself and that they will
>reinburse me at the wholesale price when I file the claim.What about if
>the claim is rejected for some reason.I get stuck with all this expense.
>
>How about the new HD parts.Can you imagine if I have 3 or 4 sets in here
>and I have to order parts for all of them.I hear most of the repairs
>will be board replacement only.
>I think that I am going to think about all this for a awhile yet before
>I decide.
>Mando
>Birdie's TV & Electronics
>Casa  Grande,AZ

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

That's why I stopped them .

Quick story , Sony a few years back .

New pix tube I had to buy for a xbr set $480.00
Sent in paper work .
1 1/2 months later rejected.  Why The sticker from the warranty claim
didn't get read by the machine correctly It was moved one digit over on
the narda.

Resubmit .

 2 months later get check  for just tube.  Reason Now it's beyond labor
warranty.
What? Please check the date
2 months later get check for 1/2 labor .

6 months for 60 bucks .
I let it pass the first time .  3 months later the same thing happened
again I said good buy to them
and am better for it .  The only thing I do now it St louis Music .
I have had nothing but good luck and great customer service from them .
And they pay on time .
Good luck
Tom

--