[TechAssist] Re: RCA 46" Dead

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:24:05 -0700 (PDT)

The 169 has a history of bad HV splitters.
As the set was clicking, and now is dead, I would
bet that the horizontal output transistor is
shorted.
There are a dozen or more components that will need
to be replaced.
You must use RCA parts for most of them.
Also, the cap values vary from chassis to chassis,
and there are a bunch of CTC/PTK 169's, in at least
four families.
I would give a $400 estimate, and we are in a very
depressed part of the country.
These are not bad chassis to work on, once you've
done a couple, but if you don't replace everything
that has a history of failing, you WILL be married
to it.
HTH
Walter

--- AlHelmetag@xxxxxxx wrote:
> RCA Model: P46720LV/Chassis PTK169FA.  Customer
> says set was clicking when he
> tried to turn it on, but now set is totally dead.
>  I heard that an entire
> power pack module is replaced on this model.  Is
> the standby power supply
> separate on these?
> I am not as familiar with RCA projection sets.
> Customer lives quite a
> distance from the shop so if there are some
> common symptoms/part replacements
> I would like to have them with me before I go.
> Appreciate all your help.
> Alex
> Alhelmetag@xxxxxxx

> ***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***