[TechAssist] Re: RCA 35" Degauzing problem? (circles).

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:25:42 -0400

After a month of normal operation the set developed a red *Purity* spot at
the top right corner of the picture.
Installed a small magnet on the picture tube to correct the problem.

*Purity*.  Intermittently a ""Bull's Eye"" impurity pattern would develop.
Traced the fault to an intermittent connector connected to the degaussing
coils.
Repairing the connector restored normal operation.

*Purity int*  Problem described as an intermittent bulls-eye type of purity.
Also had arcing and a band of distortion going throuh the picture.
The pins on the degausser plug were very loose and it caused the CRT to be
magnetized. Could manually degauss the tube. Reformed the pin on the
degausser.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager