[TechAssist] Re: RCA 27V530T comes on shuts off

  • From: Eric Manuel <tvman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:58:04 -0230

Charlws read this maybe the vert chip at fault...Eric

put this in your notes somewhere it might save you hours of
work someday.This 24v510t came in going into shutdown after coming on
and showing what looked like a blank raster out of focus. Audio came
up before shutdown.The raster looked full so I spent much time looking
for a video problem. The waveform at the vert yoke looked compressed.
found n401 rca part no. 263754. The Ic which is the vert. output
checked only 200 ohms to ground on one of the pins. The set sent me on
a wild goose chase through the video because the raster appeared to
fill the screen.I don't know about some of these new sets.-

   Eric
E M Electronics
Deer Lake Nfld
Canada