[TechAssist] Re: RCA 27V530T ITC 008 chassis

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 07:27:00 -0500

Another update on this chassis. The set that would loose horizontal sync is
fixed and gone. As previously posted, the cure was to replace RV001 (15K
surface mount, part# 256743), CV006 (part# 256858), and CV007 (part#
244072). All of these components are off of pin 17 of IV001. The other set
had intermittent shutdown and I thought I had it fixed after replacing the
flyback as it ran here in the shop for a couple of weeks waiting for the
customer to return from being away for the holidays. Two days before
delivering it back, it started shutting down again. Thomson Tech Assist
advised me to lift one end of diode DL062 (the pincushion shutdown diode) on
the main board near the flyback to see if it then continued to shutdown. If
it did not shutdown anymore, then that would indicate the small pincushion
board on the side was causing it. Well of course it is NOT shutting down
anymore with the diode lifted so it appears the pincushion board (part#
263367 which is a warranty replaceable part) is the culprit. The bad news is
that I cannot find a distributor who has it in stock and they have informed
me that Thomson indiciates it is on a factory backorder until 03/15/2004. I
thought I would share this troubleshooting technique with you in case anyone
encounters an intermittent shutdown scenario on this chassis.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms