[TechAssist] RCA 27" TV Stereo - F276388C - CTC187AB - Scrambled Video - Buzzing Sound

  • From: "David" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:05:12 -0500

Hi Techs,

When first powered-up the picture is all out of whack, i.e. scrambled
image, white noisy (horizontally) scrambled looking image with buzzing
audio. After a minute the picture gradually comes in better and better
until it?s just fine. Turning the TV off and then back on has no effect.
The TV must be turned off for an hour or so before the same problem
reoccurs. The problem is not affected by mechanical vibrations. I?m
stumped! Has anyone seen this before? I?m not sure where to begin
looking for this problem as I do not have a schematic for this chassis.

Thank-you.

David Lessard
Mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Alexandria, Ontario, Canada