[TechAssist] Re: Question about photocouplers

  • From: "John at Main TV" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:55:54 -0600

There are some that are different, maybe the LED is reversed, or it may use
a darlington transistor.  If you do not have the original parts, a used or
"standard" replacement would be worth trying but don't automatically assume
it is right.  If it works and regulates, then I would say it is OK to use.
John.
John Mielke
Main TV
636 main St.