[TechAssist] Re: Question CTC203?

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 06:50:59 -0500

Hi Jose:

If the wire with the silicon is the "red" wire on top of the CRT, most
Thomson sets over 30" have white silicon on the anode caps.  As for the
micro, have not seen that, although I have seen a few bad Gemstar modules.

I guess this is over, but for future use, IHVTs are not uncommon with the
203 chassis.  Also, there are several different tuners used on the 203s and
the eeprom gets confused sometimes, usually around lightning, but I guess an
arcing flyback could do that.  Then you either have to replace the tuner,
the eeprom, or have Chipper Check (my way) to correct the problem.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310