[TechAssist] Question CTC203?

  • From: "JOSE R. PANIAGUA" <breadywater@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:10:26 -0400

This costumer bring this tv dead, he say he is a mechanic that work on truck
bla, bla,.When I open it up I saw the main fuse was lift one side and some
screw missing. That was because He work on this. well I found the HOP short
when I change it and turn it on  then I found the fly back was not good . So
when I tray to change the fly back with another one just to check wat else
was bad. I found the plug that go to the picture tube has silicon all over
and inside. the silicon was the one  we use to put out side around the
windows. My question is if this come like that from the factory or this
mechanic, traying to be a electronic tehnician do it. For me is the first
time a see it. To Take it out I have to use a Blade and spend some time
trayin to get it out. also I found the tuner Bad. and also the microprosesor
I thing was not good
When I give the stimate to him he say he will not fix it .it is a 37 inch
RCA and he say he can get a Brand new for $300. Also he say he make good
money $1,000 weekly and clean.
What do you friend thing about this kind of people.
Note I do not charge nothing for the stimate.and spend some time checking
it.
Forgive me for the long story but I have to take it out  off my chest.
I'll see you.

Jose R. Paniagua.
PANIAGUA TV & VCR Service
breadywater@xxxxxxx