[TechAssist] Re: Quasar TT9909CE

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:59:30 -0600

Joe,
The set you are working on is in the overvoltage protect mode, your B+
voltage should be 129V right on fuse F002. Check Q801 (SCR), make sure it's
not shorted.There's also four other transisters in the power supply circuit
Q802, Q803, Q804, Q805 you should check. If everything checks OK, I'd run
the set off a variac and cut down your AC voltage, till you get the right B+
voltage and go from there, beings you have the service manual.

                                  Good Luck!
                                  Dan Webster
                                  Webster's TV
                                  Shullsburg, Wi.