[TechAssist] Re: Quality Control

  • From: "Tri-County Tv" <tricountytv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 10:54:36 -0400

Damon,
             I think you are missing the point. The point is we are in an
industry that profits are dropping every year, shops are going out of
business all the time. So we (the shops that are still open) need to squeeze
every dollar of profit out of each repair, so yes, if I can, I will charge
40.00 for that part that cost 4.95 so that when a set comes in that ends up
being a dog and profits go sliding out the door, we can still stay in
business. Profit is the name of the game. My main argument is " What are the
supply houses doing to ensure quality control". Yes your right it's my
choice but how can you make a correct choice if the suppliers says it will
sub but in reality it will not. I am not trying to bash Tritronics, in fact
they have the best web site of all the suppliers, very easy to navigate and
they were one of the first to go online. The major problem with most all
suppliers web sites is very poor descriptions,and no pictures. Tritronics is
starting to put more and more pictures but descriptions are bad, and when
you order something from them and the description misleads you and you get
the wrong part, they charge 15% restocking fee, and it takes forever to get
an RA #. With your logic if I buy a KIA automobile and the engine falls out,
I should not be mad because it was my choice because I could have bought a
Lexus. Wrong.
Tom Berger
Tri-County TV
Robbinsville