[TechAssist] Re: Q-Tip

  • From: "Edward Gaidies" <teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 15:18:30 -0500

I don't recall ever using Q tips to clean Video heads.
Best result I get, is using a Paper Cleaning tape, putting the unit into
pause, spray a little cleaning liquid, or 99.6 Polypropyl alcohol on the
portion of tape that is surrounding the Video head, apply a little finger
pressure to the tape, being careful not to put your finger on the head
itself, a few seconds later it's clean.
Real dirty heads may require a second application, using a clean section of
the head cleaner.
The strands in the Q Tip are enough to block the head gap.

-Ed-

-Ed-