[TechAssist] Re: Projo repairs on the floor. alternatives?

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:24:46 -0800 (PST)

Phil, Your just a young pup compared to me. It depends on where you are
working. In house or in the shop. I don't do any work on projection tv's in
house. If it can't come into the shop I don't work on it. In the shop I have a
roll around cart that I had made for Projection TVs. It is covered with carpet.
It is 37"W 27"deep 27"high with 5"ball-bearing locking casters. Moves very easy
with an Oak cabinet, 60" TV on it. I have a hydraulic lift that I put TV's on
to get them up to the cart. I am by myself much of the time and this is how I
manage.       Paul
Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrte:Without opening a can of worms here
, ;-)
I remember a LOT of posts about those lift carts
I have an arthritic back and working down on the floor on these projos
hurts. Elbow on the floor supporting me sideways as i solder and hold
things up at the same time...
.
Is there a general consesis as to the best method to elevate a PTV up a
few feet and be sturdy, stable and with the lifting device out of the
way (no braces,etc in front of the work area).
Not necessarily to move it about, just hike it up where I can sit and
solder.
I'm 48 going on 88.
Phil Bader
--