[TechAssist] Re: Problems with Tri State Modules

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:30:24 -0600

Kitty,

I'm sorry if my choice of words offended you.  No offense was intended.
If you see the context in which it is used, the meaning should be clear.
Many companies we deal with hire people with no technical background to
sit at a computer and answer the phone.

Also, who says that "Blonde bimbo" refers to a female?  Could be either
gender.  The point is you ASSUMED the comment was directed against women.
 We can get our feelings hurt all too easily.

Sorry if I hurt yours.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:15:13 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time) "gatzeys tv"
<gatzeys_tv@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I think that everyone expects and certainly gets their share of
> problems
> with parts suppliers.  From back orders to incorrect shipments to
> lost
> shipments.  I also think that being angry is acceptable but a public
> flogging is a little over the top.  My reason for this return mail
> is the
> blonde bimbo comment.  To make a statement like that is no better
> then th=
> one made by TVDOCTORS that attacked the suppliers.  I have been
> doing my =
> job
> and damn well for years and never have I passed the buck or twirled
> my ha=
> ir
> and hoped to get by on my gender.  I am not a technician but I do
> have
> several who depend on my skills to get their jobs done.  I have more
> technical knowledge then some of the techs that call me for
> advise.=20
> Fortunately the times have changed and there are a lot of great
> ladies ou=
> there who can do the job of man.  Don't get me wrong I'm no
> feminist.  I
> just don't believe that your job or ability to do it should be
> determined=
>  by
> your gender(or hair color)=0D
> =0D
>        Kitty=0D
> =0D
>   =0D
>  =0D
> -------Original Message-------=0D
>  =0D
> From: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
> Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 03:42:23 PM=0D
> To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
> Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Problems with Tri State Modules=0D
>  =0D
> To whomever wrote this, but won't sign his name.=0D
> =0D
> I have dealt with Tri-State for years. I would much rather use them
> than=0D
> PTS. Have I ever had a problem? Sure. Last time I checked, they
> had=0D
> humans working there, just like in my shop. When I had a problem, it
> was=0D
> taken care of. When a problem happens, you get to talk to a tech,
> not=0D
> some blonde bimbo that is clueless.=0D
> =0D
> They also provide very valuable help on this list.=0D
> =0D
> If I blasted every supplier I ever had a problem with, I would have
> none=0D
> left to buy from. I would be upset if I were told a board was in
> stock,=0D
> and two weeks later did not have it. The only thing they should
> have=0D
> done is call you and say, "Sorry, Mr. NoName, that board is not in
> [...]

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com