[TechAssist] Re: Plasma TV

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:15:13 -0500

I had a 42FD9932 store stock unit in that would shut down as soon as it was
turned on. Problem was two of six cooling fans were bad. I had to call
Philips tech assistance to find out how to defeat the protection circuit to
make some checks. This unit would work with the protect circuit defeated and
four fans worked so the problem became obvious. Next problem was the Philips
support tech had to enter the part order with an authorization, couldn't get
the parts otherwise and I am a Philips ASC. You best call Philips ahead of
time to see if they will give you support on this, you'll probably need it.
Jim Myers, DGT
Since 1972
Telrad Electronic Services Co.
Fort Wayne, IN 46815