[TechAssist] Re: Pioneer\SDP50A3K...DEAD

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 08:49:42 -0700 (PDT)

If you are speaking of the 4amp fuse that blows
because of the STK's, I don't know, haven't seen
it.
I do know that the stk's must be replaced if that
fuse is blown, and replacing it makes the set work.
So, you've got nothing to lose by replacing them
anyway.
That IC has been up graded after all these years.
The new no. is STK392-180.
It supposedly is identical to the STK392-110 in
every way, except the way the leads are attached.
Also know that Pioneer has never been known to
waste any solder, especially on the deflection
module.
But ALWAYS replace the STK's and remove the solder
from the 4 transistors on heat sinks on the
convergence board.
Scrape and re-solder.
HTH
Walter

--- TV Man <tvman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Replaced FU-105 1 month later set is dead but
> fuses are good. Can the STKs be bad and  fuses be
> good while set is dead? Any and all help would be
> appreciated. Thanks, Dave
> TV Man
> P.O.Box 654
> Inverness, Fl. 34451