[TechAssist] Re: Pioneer Stereo SX-1010 static and severe popping in speakers

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:02:02 -0600

Gary,

I don't know if I can be of much help with this, but just maybe...

I haven't worked on those in the past 15 years or so, but I remember some
unusual differential amps that Pioneer used that caused that sort of
problem.  Think they had five legs, with two transistors together.  Try
shooting them with cold spray to see if it acts up.

HTH,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice), 850-932-0819 (fax)

----