[TechAssist] Pioneer SD-P6091-K RPTV, low contrast and will not adjust

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Techassist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:54:37 -0500

I got the service manual for this Pioneer, ABL line seems ok, Y in at
the jungle IC pin 58 looks good with a staircase signal but the R,G and
B outputs at pins 29, 30 and 31 look bad, the stairs steps are almost
level at the top. Brightness and contrast adjustments have no effect
although the numbers change from -32 to +31. The jungle IC has been
replaced. I'm now thinking that the micro or eeprom may be bad. Would
anyone have any knowledge or ideas on this problem?
Thanks,

The Old Master Technician
Since 1972                     *
Jim Myers                      *