[TechAssist] Pioneer SD-P50A5K shuts down

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:59:00 -0500

Anyone have any input on this unit?  I checked with both of the local ASCs
and neither had a SM that I could borrow, one loaned me one he thought might
be similar but it is not.  Of course, the manual from Pioneer is
ridiculously expensive.

This one had a blown fuse, shorted Q208, Q207 (horizontal ckt). Replaced
these obvious problems and resoldered dozens of bad joints and it tries to
come up but shuts down.  Flyback primary shows a ringing on pulse at startup
which made me look to the transformer, but it rings good and drive tests
good.  Besides, it is also a split design with a seperate H out.  Obvious
semis and caps that are resonable to test are ok.  Yokes ring good and have
identical inductance and DCR.  I hate to have to replace the board but at
the price of a manual plus the time and labor, it may be the reasonable
thing to do.

Any comments are appreciated.  A scan of the schematic for the ps/deflection
board would be great.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL