[TechAssist] Pioneer SD-P5065, 1992 model, video comes and goes.

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:45:42 -0700

This set is in an upstairs room of a house that is almost impossible to
bring into my shop.  Just before the video goes black, the convergence
goes bad as well.  The sound is constant.  The problem happens all the
time and then disappears for 6 months.  I have tried tapping all over
the PC boards with no luck.  Lately the set will come on for about a
minute and then the video disappears.   If the set is turned off for 10
minutes it will then come on again.  But when I was there yesterday, it
did the one minute thing twice and then came back on by itself and
worked fine for over half an hour--the customer said the last time it
did that it worked fine for 6 months.  This is a tough one!  Any ideas?
Thanks.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada