[TechAssist] Re: Pioneer PTV SD-P55A3 Dead

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 23:45:26 -0500

Al:

The set could be in "PD Shutdown" and power supply or vertical circuit
appears to be defective but if actually, only 4A (-25V) fuse is blown. After
fuse is replaced, the set will work, maybe even a couple of weeks or month's
but the fuse filament can be seen to bend momentarily at power on and it
will fail if you just replace fuse. I have seen them look like they are
going to a line momentary when these sets shutdown. I have even seen them
burn vertical or horizontal lines in the phosphorous.
Cure: Problem is on Amp Assy. Which is a little difficult to get to, it is a
side mounted board on the left chassis, signal board- Resolder transistors
and regulators that are mounted to the heat sink and replace both
convergence output ICs
(STK392-110).

Perry Bower
Electric Medic