[TechAssist] Re: Phillips 25B800 , shut down, need schematic

  • From: "Terry J Hutchison" <sony1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:39:11 -0500

Glad someone else brought this up.  I have seen at least 5 of these in 2004
very similar to what you describe.  If I am not mistaken the screen
adjustment was backward on those sets ie, CW turned brightness down and I
tweaked it a little each turn on until sets finally came on and ran thru 72
hr burn in.  I never noticed any leakage from focus to screen adjustment so
when set would run I did not change out IHVT.  Was waiting to see if anyone
else was running into these and whether Phillips was putting out bad IHVTs
in these 800 chassis like those Konka IHVTs in thier generic sets.  Good
luck.  Terry

-