[TechAssist] Re: Philips/Magnavox Model #TS 2544 C121 Chassiss # 25B800 - 7562

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:39:54 -0500

The bad solder on the vertical chip stresses it and it went bad.Also the
supply diode from the fly for the neg 13volts source is shorted and it's
associated resistors need replacement.Usually thats all.R445 is an issue
with the positive 13volts
Replace:
IC500 TDA9302H/483520988531
R420 1 ohm 1/2w
C419 1000mfd@16v
D409 BYD33J/ECG569/483513037094
R445 (+13v source) 1 ohm 1/3w
D445 (feeds R445) 4835 130 37094
C447 1000mfd@16V (filters D445 voltage)
Hope this helps.I have the disc.
Phil Bader

Nova Service Center wrote:

> Hi Everyone
>
> This tv originally had vertical problem. Only the lower half of the screen
> showing with a bright line in the middle. I resoldered  pins of IC 500 (
> vertical IC ) , Plugged it in , tv full screen appeared for a few seconds and
> then R420 ( 1 ohm, 1W ) smoked out. Replaced it, then R445 started to smoke.
> When I checked IC 500 for leak it did not show any. Any idea ?
>
> Thanks,
> Nova Service Center
> PO Box 2515
> Gaithersburg, MD 20886
> 240-632-2994

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: