[TechAssist] Re: Philips chassis PTV705 model FP5220 convergence

  • From: "Dave Huston" <HustonTV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:06:35 -0400

Jerry,
I'll try to send you a PDF of the convergence board.
Here's what Force32 has on convergence problems on this model.....

SYMPTOM:  Loss of Convergence, primarily effecting the red  Convergence at
the left of the screen.

CAUSE:  Corrupt data randomly being written to the Convergence  EPROM.

SOLUTION: Replace the Digital Convergence Module with part number
00A10551-H007 / 4835 219 77623.   Re-worked modules can be identified by a
yellow dot on the metal shield on the board.

   THE ONLY WAY TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM IS BY COMPLETE  REPLACEMENT OF THE
DIGITAL CONVERGENCE BOARD WITH A REWORKED OR H007 MODULE.

Dave Huston
Huston TV & Electronics
2846 Marion-Cardington Rd.E.
Marion,Oh 43302-8919