[TechAssist] Philips TS2556C121, 25F800 top convergence out,changed CRT, same

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:27:02 -0400

This was a dead salvage unit.No known history from customer.Thought it
was dropped due to cracks around fly.REpaired those and powered up good,
but the top 4-5 inches of screen was very badly converged, mostly the
vertical lines (with my crosshatch gen).Purity seems good.
We had another salvage A63AFW36X Philips tube used,good condition.
Swapped it out. Same identical symptom on my tube.Thought it was a
dislodged shadow mask in tube.Rest of picture is almost perfect.Has
there been history of the yokes causing this in these models?
I can't beleive two CRTs are exactly defective same way...
Phil Bader
--
Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)